- Donner B. Long term treatment of cancer pain with transdermal fentanyl. J Pain Symptom Management 1998;15:168-175.
- Ahmedzai S. Transdermal fentanyl versus sustained release oral morphine in cancer pain: preference, efficacy and quality of life. J Pain Symptom Management 1997; 13:254-261.
- Fine PG. Fentanyl in the treatment of cancer pain. Seminars in Oncology 1997; 24(5): 20-27.
- Dean M. Opioids in renal failure and dialysis patients. J Pain Symptom Management 2004:25(5): 497-504.
- Twycross R, Wilcock A. Eds. Palliative Care Formulary (4th Edition) 2012, Palliativedrugs.com Ltd., Nottingham.
- NICE Guidance (CG140) - Opioids in Palliative Care: safe and effective prescribing of strong opioids for pain in palliative care of adults, 2012. http://www.nice.org.uk/cg140
- SIGN 106 – Control of pain in adults with cancer 2008. http://www.sign.ac.uk/guidelines/fulltext/106/index.html
- A. Caraceni et al. Use of opioid analgesics in the treatment of cancer pain: evidence-based recommendations from the EAPC. Lancet Oncol 2012; e58-68
- Watson M et al. Oxford Handbook of Palliative Medicine, 2005, Oxford University Press, Oxford.